Improve Your Smile
Veneers are a long-lasting and natural-looking cosmetic dentistry treatment to improve the appearance of your teeth. A veneer is a thin, shell-like covering that fits over the front of your tooth to change its size, shape, or color. The experienced dentists at Bayview Dental Arts in Naples can help you determine whether porcelain veneers are the best solution for your smile.
Crowns vs. Veneers
Both crowns and veneers are effective dental treatments for a discolored or chipped tooth. However, these two treatment options offer different solutions and are typically used to address different dental concerns. Your dentist will explain your treatment options based on your preferences and needs to determine whether a crown or veneers are best for you.
- While dental crowns cover the entirety of a damaged or discolored tooth, porcelain veneers cover only the front of a tooth.
- Because they cover less of a tooth’s surface, veneers require less of your natural enamel to be removed before they are applied, preserving more of your tooth’s natural structure.
- Dental veneers are only suitable for changing the appearance of the teeth in the front of your mouth. If you have a damaged or chipped tooth at the back of your mouth, a crown is the best restorative solution.
- Veneers are typically the treatment of choice to treat minor damage and cosmetic defects, such as discoloration, sizing, and spacing of your teeth. Crowns are often reserved for more severe or extensive tooth damage because they are a more invasive treatment.
The Benefits of Ceramic Veneers
Dental veneers can instantly transform the look of one tooth or your entire smile, restoring your confidence and eliminating the effects of damage or disease. You can talk to your dentist about teeth veneers and other cosmetic dentistry options when you call Bayview Dental Arts at 239-434-5545 to make an appointment.
- Veneers are designed specifically with your cosmetic preferences in mind. Whether you want to improve the color, spacing, shape, or size of your teeth, your veneers can be tailored to achieve the look you desire.
- Porcelain veneers are both stain-resistant and durable, offering a long-lasting way to change the look of your smile. Although your veneers may need replacement due to natural wear and tear, they will last for years and can be easily replaced when necessary.
- Although teeth whitening is an effective procedure, some types of stains cannot be corrected via whitening. Teeth that resist whitening treatments can always be improved with veneers.
- Porcelain veneers can correct the apparent spacing and orientation of your teeth, offering a faster and more economical alternative to braces if you have only minor cosmetic tooth misalignment.